Standard Training Courses
Armstrong-Smith Consulting offers the following two standard training courses. These courses can be customized to fit your training needs. If you would like more details about these customizations, please Click Here.
Because we know that you want to be learnt from the best, both of our standard courses are taught by top Discoverer experts.
Discoverer Administrator Training
This is an intensive 2-day hands-on class covering End User Layer (EUL) and business area development. The class is valid for both the 10.1.2 and 11g Discoverer Administrator tool.
This class is designed for both beginners and experienced Discoverer administrators. Because Discoverer administration has changed very little over the past several releases, no matter whether you are using 4.1, 9.0.2, 9.0.4 10.1.2 or 11g, this class is relevant to anyone wanting to learn Discoverer administration.
- Introduction to Discoverer Administration
- Creating the End User Layer
- Creating the Business Area
- Checking the Business Area - Part 1 (checking BA and folder properties, grouping of folders, separator folders)
- Checking the Business Area - Part 2 (Checking item properties, item separators)
- Managing Lists of Values
- Managing Joins
- Managing Folders - Part 1 (Types of folder, Complex Folders, Custom Folders)
- Managing Folders - Part 2 (Folders from the database)
- Managing Hierarchies
- Conditions and Calculations
- Summary Tables
- Security and Scheduling
- Working with Discoverer Libraries
Discoverer End User Training
This is an intensive 3-day hands-on class covering all aspects of report development. The class is valid for both the 10.1.2 and 11g Discoverer Plus and Viewer tools.
This class is designed for both beginners and experienced Discoverer end users.
- Understanding Discoverer
- A first look at Viewer
- A first look at Plus
- The Workbook Wizard Steps
- Fan Traps
- ODS Overview (SunGard Higher Education classes)
- Advanced Conditions
- Advanced Calculations
- Advanced Parameters
- Hyper Linking
- Workbook Management
- Class Exercise
While we endeavor to keep as close to these agendas as possible, slight deviations can occur. Because not all topics have formal exercises, with some being mere discussions, those topics will be merged in at the most convenient times for the attendees. The times chosen will depend on how well the attendees are learning and the proximity to the main session breaks of lunch and end of the day.