The Oracle Discoverer 11g Handbook
This newest edition of the Oracle Discoverer Handbook has been greatly extended to make it even more comprehensive.
We like to think of it as a sort of Discoverer bible.
The book went on general release towards the end of 2013. Orders can be placed at
The book has been brought up to date to cover the latest 11g version of Discoverer, 220.127.116.11.
We brought the book completely up to date with new screenshots and additional material that was not available in the older versions. The number of pages has increased to almost 1100.
While many of the concepts remain just that, concepts, do not be fooled into thinking that you do not need to buy this copy because you already own the original.
This 11g edition covers Discoverer in much greater depth than ever before and we definitely recommend you get a copy.
When compared to the original handbook, we have made many changes. The book is broken up as follows:
- Three chapters dedicated to getting to know the loook and feel of Discoverer
- Nine chapters dedicated to Discoverer Plus
- One chapter dedicated to Discoverer Viewer
- Seven chapters dedicated to administration, including how to work with WebLogic
- One chapter dedicated to Analytic Functions within Discoverer
- As before, one chapter dedicated to Michael's gold mine of answers to frequently asked questions (things to watch for and how to fix them - this alone is worth the cost and has been expanded and updated for 11g)